The Hero and Super Hero were created to make river running and creeking easier and more fun than ever before. Paddlers looking for a uber stable, sporty, quick, easy to control, roll, and boof kayak should be seriously looking at this latest design by EJ/Knight.
A very short package that is surprisingly fast, nimble, and just plain easy to paddle is the result of a very well thought out hull package for starters. It is as wide and flat as possible, while still allowing the paddler full edge control both on the water and on rocks.
- Length: 88” (or 7’ 4”)- 223cm
- Width: 26″- 66cm
- Height: 15.0” – 38 cm
- Volume: 76.5 gallons- 289 liters
- Cockpit: 35″ x 20.5″- 89cm X 52cm
- Weight: 41 pounds – 18.6 KGs
- Target weight range: 115-190 pounds- 52KGs-86 KGs
- 2010 model
The Paddler’s Advantage: If you want a feel for how the boat will paddle…. Think sporty- the Hero is short and stable, yet super fast for the length. This will become a staple for anyone wanting to teach or learn the roll as well.
- For beginners look for easier to roll, easier to steer and stay on line, and much easier to keep on the surface going through waves or holes.
- For intermediate paddlers, you’ll get the same, plus the best boofing you can imagine, and stability in harder rapids, and a much more friendly/fun surfing machine.
- For Expert boaters, the creeking and big water capibilities is greatly improved, along with the simple stability which keeps you right side up in harder stuff.