The Torrentshells do exactly what pared-down rainwear should: They keep you dry through steady showers or thunderboomers—and they do it with breathability and zero excess. These H2No Performance Standard rain pants are made from 2.5-layer nylon ripstop (now 100% recycled) with a waterproof/breathable barrier and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish. They feature a simple pull-on style with an elastic drawcord waistband, articulated knees, and now the water-resistant side zips extend from cuff to thigh for easy pull-on over boots, while doubling as vents. With two zippered handwarmer pockets (the pants stuff into the left pocket, with carabiner clip-in loop) and partly elasticized cuffs that adjust with a snap-tab closure.
- 2.5-layer waterproof/breathable H2No Performance Standard shell, now with a 100% recycled nylon face. Fabric is bluesign approved
- Pull-on elasticized waistband with internal drawcord
- Two zippered handwarmer pockets have mesh pocket bags, storm flaps and DWR-(durable water repellent) treated zippers
- Articulated knees for optimal mobility
- Welted, DWR-treated side zips extend from cuff to thigh for easy pull-on over boots and double as vents; partially elasticized cuffs adjust with a snap tab closure
- Pants self-stuff into left handwarmer pocket with carabiner clip-in loop
- H2No Performance Standard shell: 2.5-layer, 2.9-oz 50-denier 100% recycled nylon ripstop with a waterproof/breathable barrier and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish. Fabric is bluesign approved
- 283 g (10 oz)
- Model # 83812
2.5-layer H2No Performance Standard shell fabrics are completely waterproof, windproof, breathable and highly packable for backpacking, alpine climbing and backcountry skiing. They combine a water-repellent shell fabric with a waterproof/breathable membrane and a protective top coat barrier without needing a protective lining fabric. A raised print layer is applied to decreased layering friction and increase moisture management.
2.5-layer H2No Performance Standard shell fabrics are coated with DWR? (durable water repellent) fabric finish that repels light rain and snow. In conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.
*All products bearing the H2No mark have been vigorously tested for durability in our 24 Killer Wash.
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.