For every propelling tailwind, there's a wicked downpour, a week of flats and a morning full of distracted drivers. Patagonia designed the Half Mass messenger bag to get you through the highs and lows of daily commuting. Perfectly sized for a day's worth of gear, the Half Mass has padding on the back and along the contoured base to protect the contents and provide structure. Inside, a padded computer sleeve accommodates most 15-inch laptops. The main compartment features a drop pocket that secures with a hook-and-loop tab, a mesh pocket, a padded electronics pocket and pen sleeves. The cover flap overlaps the sides of the bag to block rain; its pocket closes with a water-resistant zipper. The external side pocket stows a phone, power cords or water bottle. The bag's no-slip shoulder strap is fully adjustable, and the waist strap stows away. With a topside carrying handle, a reflective panel for visibility at night and a bike-light mount. Made of 8.4-oz 600-denier 100% recycled polyester with a polyurethane coating and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
- Main compartment is covered with a flap and houses one drop pocket, one mesh pocket, three slots for pens and a discrete and secure zippered pocket; zippered flap pocket has moisture-shedding reverse-coil zipper
- Interior padded sleeve, which is raised off the ground to protect most 15" laptops, secures with a buckle and strap
- Front has reflective panel and lash point that attaches to a bike light (light not included)
- Side-mounted water-bottle pocket
- Rear drop pocket secures with hook-and-loop tab for quick access to boarding passes and periodicals
- Fully adjustable shoulder strap with floating pad; tuck away stability strap; top-side carrying handle
- Body: 8.4-oz 600-denier recycled polyester. Lining: 3.3-oz 200-denier polyester. Both with a polyurethane coating
- 822 g (1 lb 13 oz)
Recycled Polyester Patagonia recycles used soda bottles, unusable second quality fabrics and worn out garments into polyester fibers to produce many of their clothes.