The Basics: Jackson Kayaks designs have made our whitewater kayaks #1. There is exceptional history behind the craftmanship of Dave Knight and Tony Lee. The Journey’s construction takes advantage of what these two have learned over the many years of designing the worlds best kayaks, making this boat durable beyond expectations. From a materials standpoint, we use the same plastic resin in our touring kayaks as we do for our most hard core whitewater kayaks. Although this may be considered over-kill, we are proud to offer these materials and is evident in the fact that we offer lifetime warranties on all our recreational and touring kayaks.
Dryer, more stable, stronger and supremely comfortable for those long treks has been the forefront in why this boat was built. Add in the fact that the Journey ships standard with a “Smart Track” rudder system, and you have one of the best outfitted kayaks in the market. The careful time employed in building the Journey’s hatches makes this boat one of the driest you can expect. Our outfitting is where the challenge of comfort on long treks is solved. Our infinitely adjustable and patented “Sure Lock” back band system, hip pads, thigh pads and ultra comfy seating comes to play in taking all your excursions into the lap of luxury, a level of comfort found typically in very high end kayaks.
The Touring Paddler’s Advantage:
What you can expect navigating a Journey:
- Beginners will find the Journey very stable, very dry and very comfortable turning their first paddling experience into a positive one. Even in slight waves, cold water and howling winds, this boat will allow the new paddler to take full control and enjoy their experience without any of the common barriers. The durability of our plastic will also forgive the new boater for their treatment as they are dragged over rock and sand, and tossed up onto cars.
- Intermediates aiming at bringing their paddling to the next level find the Journey to be the boat that allows them to take those new risks. They head to the rougher waters handled easily by the Journey’s leading stability. They add more distance to their adventures with the Journey’s storage, comfort and ability to keep things dry.
- Experts often frustrated by boats with weakness in one area or another find the Journey’s design to be best in class! Designed by World Champion paddlers, the Journey is built to be the best for the best. The Journey tacks better, glides farther, is outfitted completely and has edge and hull design with expert paddle control in mind. As your skills develop, the Journey keeps up!
- Length: 14′ 0″
- Width: 24.5″
- Max Deck Height: 13.5″
- Bow Height: 16″
- Stern Height: 11 3/4″
- Cockpit Length: 36″
- Cockpit Width: 19 1/4″
- Rear Hatch (oval) : 16 1/4″ long X 11 3/8″ wide (oval)
- Front Hatch: 9 3/8″ diameter
- Day Hatch: 5 1/2″ diameter
- Weight: 56 lbs w/o rudder, 60 lbs with rudder