The trails around Asheville are just as steep and technical as the rivers. So we designed a multi-sport shoe that can dig in the dirt as well as it plays in the water. If you need a high performance trail and river shoe for Spring/Summer, the Aquanaut delivers.
- Intended Use: Trail / River multisport shoe for warm season or climates.
- Uppers: 1000 Denier Cordura Nylon with welded reinforcements at Heel, Toe, and Eyestay. Semi-Rigid Heel cup with padded ankle collar. Fine-screen ripstop mesh at sides, with 3mm thick airmesh at tongue and vamp. Reflective logo at quarter and heel. Water resistant laces.
- Midsole: 53C closed cell EVA foam with drainage ports at forefoot.
- Outsole: G15 high friction rubber with extra abrasion resistance. Non-marking. 6mm thickness.
- Foot to Ground Distance: 17mm heel , 16 mm ball
- Flexibility: Medium
- Weight/shoe: 260g (9.17 oz)
- G.15- This G compound is formulated for premium grip while also providing "excellent" abrasion resistance. It's low durometer means the rubber is softer and therefore confroms well to the ground.
- Balanced Geometry- We believe that a foot’s position in a shoe should be similar to when barefoot. This allows excellent balance and biomechanically natural lifestyle. Foot-beds are essentially level (only 1mm drop from heel to toe ) and provide medium arch support. Tapered instep and heel area for better foothold and control. Wide forefoot allows your feet and toes to spread out for stability
- Water Ready- All Astral shoes have a special relationship with water. Every component, from the thread to the laces are critically evaluated and chosen for its ability to hold up after constant soaking, shed water, and not accumulate funk. Many models have engineered drainage for water to come out while minimizing entry of silt.
- Agro Grip Outsole- Aggressive 4mm central lugs bite into loose dirt and mud. Perimeter lugs with greater surface area for gripping smooth surfaces. All lugs beveled to help prevent accumulation of mud, snow, dog poo.