Outdoors Inc Presents Conrad Anker
· Thursday, May 12, 2011 Beginning at 7:00 pm and ending at 8:30 pm
· Takes place at the Shelby Farms Park Conservancy Visitors Center
· Conrad Anker will be speaking on teamwork and tenacity, as well as his adventures in climbing and mountaineering all around the world.
· Conrad will present a moving presentation discussion climbing, the outdoors, and environmental conservation.
· This event benefits Shelby Farms Park Conservancy. Donations at the door.
· Door Prizes will be given out.
· Refreshments will be served.
· In 1999, he was a key member of the search team which located the remains of legendary British climber, George Mallory on Mount Everest.
· Anker was the climber to first spot George Mallory’s body.
· He has done trailblazing film and research work on Mount Everest, where he investigated the mystery surrounding lost climbers, Mallory and Irvine.
· Made the movie “The Wildest Dream: Conquest on Everest”
· Conrad Anker is the #1 sponsored climber of The North Face.
is the 3rd time Conrad has visited Memphis for an outdoor recreation
and conservation event.
559 Magnolia Mound Drive
Memphis, TN. 38103